6/8 By Rahul Gannamani
Why we analyze your lifestyle
People often assume that their genes play a defining role in their health but research shows that as much as 80% of your health risks revolve around your lifestyle. Lifestyle is a broad concept but for Ancora it includes what you eat, the way you live, how active you are, your wellbeing and how you manage stress.
A healthy lifestyle could extend life expectancy
In a 2018 study, an international group of researchers at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health found that adopting a simple set of healthy habits could extend life expectancy by 14 years for women and by 12 years for men. These include eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, keeping a healthy body weight, not drinking too much alcohol, and not smoking.
The challenge is to put these actions into practice and incorporate them into our daily routines sustainably.
How we analyze your lifestyle
We use the Health & Lifestyle Questionnaire to gather information about the key aspects of your lifestyle. We blend your answers together with the data coming from your biomarkers and the measurements captured during your Personal Onboarding with us, giving you a precise analysis of what is driving your health.
How can I change my lifestyle for the better?
In your Personal Health Passport, you’ll find clear actions tailored to your lifestyle. Key areas of focus include:
- Body composition: guidance on how to combine energy balance and being physically active.
- Nutrition: recommendations around your consumption of macronutrients (proteins, fats and carbs) and micronutrients (vitamins, minerals and plant-based compounds).
- Mind: important aspects such as goal setting and planning, self-management and interpersonal relations.
- Physical fitness: aerobic activity, strength training and anything you can do in your daily routine to become more active.
- Endurance: our Health and Performance membership plans will help you boost your conditioning and tailor your nutrition and training to reduce inflammation and recovery time. This advice will help you take your performance to the next level.
As part of your Insight & Action Session, a sports doctor will spend time to help you identify all the lifestyle-related areas you might want to include in your action plan.